Monday, March 2, 2020

Princess Weekend 2020 Part 1: Expo


The first stop of every runDisney weekend is the expo! The first day of the expo is always the busiest so I like to go on Friday when things are a bit more chill. Since Wine and Dine and Marathon weekends sold out of a lot of merchandise on the first day, our first stop was the official runDisney merchandise area. Thankfully, there was still plenty of merchandise and sizes available when we arrived.


I got two mini medal replica pins (the challenge one was sold out), the weekend coffee mug as well as a Fairy Tale Challenge tank. I don't usually buy shirts as they rarely have XS but this one was so cute and they actually had it in my size! And it wasn't pastel! Win! Then we popped over to pick up my preorder of the passholder Tervis to go mug and pin. So cute!


We were a bit too early to catch any of the meet and greet characters but Cinderella's coach men were available for photos. They are usually outside with Cinderella's coach that they use for weddings but it was quite cold so they moved inside.

Next we headed over to bib pickup. I knew I was going to be in corral E for the half but challenge participants don't find out their 10k corral until bib pick up. For Princess and Star Wars weekend 2019, I was in corral C for the 10k but for Wine and Dine, I was in corral E so I was anxious to find out my corral. Somehow, I ended up in corral A! I tried to pay attention to challenge bibs over the weekend and it seemed like the 10k corrals were a bit random. I think I saw just about every possible corral pairing except for ones where the half corral was a lower letter than the 10k corral. So who knows how they are assigning 10k corrals for the challenges.


Our last stop was shirt pickup in the vendor merchandise area. I really liked the shirt colors for this year. I love a bright bold color and I'm not really a pastels person so I always love when the princess shirts aren't pastels. I'm not 100% in love with the Cinderella design on a yellow background but I do really like the other two. I didn't end up getting anything from any of the vendors this go around but I'll be back in a few weeks for Star Wars weekend incase there's anything I can't live without.

*******

Part 1: Expo-You are here.
Part 2: 10k
Part 3: Half Marathon
Part 4: Fairy Tale Challenge-Coming soon!
Part 5: Disney Magic at Animal Kingdom-coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top