Monday, March 4, 2019

February Running Recap

So I was hoping that February would be a quieter month on the running front, just a quiet ramp up towards Star Wars weekend at the beginning of April. But, no, I did a lot of running this month!



I kicked off February with a 1 mile + 5k challenge at the Super Hero 5k. It had been over a year since I ran my last 5k. Since my half marathon pace was faster than that last 5k time, I was pretty sure I would blow my PR out of the water. I was successful but the race didn't go as planned as I got bad side stitches at mile 2. 5ks are hard! I much prefer longer races.



I had another back to back challenge prep run scheduled for the next week, 2 miles and 9.5 miles. But since I registered for the Princess Half Marathon Challenge that Monday, I ended up changing my plans. I decided to run 3 miles and 11 miles instead as that was what was scheduled for the Challenge weekend and I really wanted to get a longer run in to prep for that weekend. The three miles was fine but my 11 miler I had to run in the rain! I really did not want to have to run on the treadmill again. Despite being soggy, completing that 11 miles really boosted my confidence that I would be able to complete the Fairy Tale Challenge.


And then on to taper! Whoohoo! Oh, wait. I had one more race to get through before Princess Weekend. I had already registered for the Eye of the Dragon 10k way before Princess and I was really excited to do another 10k. That's my current favorite distance and I was excited to run another local race. The weather was just about perfect. It was even overcast! I had a great race and ended up PR'ing my 10k.



And then it was Princess Weekend. I'm still recovering the whirlwind of Disney and back to back races. It was so amazing and I had such a blast. It was a really fun girls weekend and I came home with three beautiful medals and some amazing memories. I'm still working on getting those race recaps out but they should be coming soon!

Phew! What a month! Five races and five medals added to my collection. I would say that I hope March is more calm but the Star Wars Rival Run Challenge training is coming up, plus I have the Star Wars Virtual Run Half Marathon for the Kessel Run Challenge to complete in March as well. Here's to more running!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top