Friday, November 29, 2019

Fall Dapper Day 2019

Fall Dapper Day this year arrived bright and beautiful and.... chilly! Usually Dapper Day is quite warm in Florida (as it's very warm for much of the year here). It was actually so chilly that I almost changed my outfit since I actually planned an appropriately for warm summer weather. But I just packed some layers to add on as it got chilly in the evening and it all worked out great.

Dapper Day was back in Hollywood Studios this year after a few year hiatus while the park got a major overhaul. Now that Toy Story Land and Galaxy's Edge are open, the event made it back to our favorite retro park. And all of the Christmas decor was up so it was extra magical this year.


I had the pleasure of hanging with Paola, Anna and Martin. There wasn't a big meet up like I attended for Spring Dapper Day but I've been to enough events to run into people I know. And everyone is always so friendly that all you need to do is go up, introduce yourself and gush about everyone's outfits. Even a confirmed introvert like me ends up meeting new people every year.


My outfit is a darling shirt dress that I found at a local shop while hanging with my friend Kate just a few weeks before Dapper Day. It's a super cute 1950s style dress. It looks and feels really authentic but there are a few details that make me think it's a (later) homemade reproduction from a vintage pattern. The fabric, print and cut of the dress are so authentic that I don't care if it's 100% vintage.


The atomic print and cute sleeve ties jumped right out at me when I saw it in the boutique. I often have hard time finding dresses off the rack that fit but this one fit me so well that I just had to have it. It's made from a light weight cotton and is so easy and comfy. Many people go over the top fabulous for Dapper Day but comfort is must for me since I've had all day at the parks.


Dapper Day is so much funner with friends. People watching solo is nice but I love sharing the day with friends. We had so many laughs and oohing and awwing over how fabulous everyone looks. Girls just want to look amazing and tell other girls (and guys) how great they look. I love events like Dapper Day where we can all celebrate how great we all are without having to feel like someone is a winner and someone is a loser.


I love Hollywood Studios at Christmas time! It's so beautiful and magically retro. There is so much Christmas decor all over the park. They also have some great Christmas shows that I highly recommend. It got chilly and I didn't end up staying to see the shows on Dapper Day but I went back this past week to watch them.


Another great Hollywood Studios holiday offering is a holiday version of the Frozen Sing Along show. I saw an absolutely amazing performance of this show on Dapper Day. Live theater is so amazing and I love that Disney provides such amazing live performances for many people who may not have the opportunity to see live shows in their every day life. The Frozen show, in particular, has such rewatch-ability even without the extra holiday additions.


 I had such a great Dapper Day this year! I couldn't end this post without giving a shout out to the wonderful Erick from Erick Paul Photography who took all of these lovely photos. Thanks so much for capturing this wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top