Monday, November 25, 2019

November Running Recap

Alright, November certainly started out with a bang! I had back to back races on November 2nd and 3rd at runDisney's Wine and Dine weekend. I ran the Two Course Challenge which was a 10k on Saturday and a half marathon on Sunday. So it was race-cation time!


I took the 10k easy and just had fun. Running at Disney is an amazing experience and I wanted to really enjoy it. You can read the recap here.


The half marathon was an amazing, emotional experience where I totally crushed my half marathon PR. I really encourage you to go check out the post I wrote up about it because I really just have so much to say about this race but I can't fit it all in here. I also got to hang out and catch up with so many of my running friends! It was a great weekend.


Then it was on to a recovery week. I like to walk in lieu of my midweek maintenance runs the week after a big race and then follow that up with a 4 mile easy long run. The weather was really nice and it was just so nice to have a chill run.


Looking forward, I have a half marathon at the beginning of December and another one at the beginning of January so my goal is to maintain my half marathon readiness over the next two months. I did a 10 miler for my long run. The weather was still in Florida fall mode which is probably still too warm for a lot of people but it was a great run for me.


 And then it was time for taper again! I had a nonrunning Disney trip Thursday through Saturday of this week including going to Mickey's Very Merry Christmas party so it was a lot of late nights and time on my feet. My legs were definitely tired for my long run so I was glad that I was in full taper mode.

My next long run will be at the Space Coast Half Marathon the Sunday after Thanksgiving! Ah! Over the summer, race season felt so far away but now they are coming so fast. I hope you all have a lovely Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top