Friday, January 10, 2020

December Running Recap

Just like November, December started right off with a race weekend! On December 1st I ran the Space Coast Half Marathon. It's a local race along the intercoastal waterway with a great view and some amazing space themed medals!


All summer and fall, I had planned on this race being my big half marathon PR attempt but I ended up smashing my PR at Wine and Dine. Part of me still felt like I ought to PR so I decided to go for a 2:30 again. No such luck but it did still end up being my second fastest half (and I got a really pretty medal!)


The next weekend was supposed to be my second Spartan Sprint but I had to DNS due to some car trouble. I put in a very angsty 4 miles instead. Oh, well. I'll just have to do more obstacle course races in 2020!


Then it was full steam ahead for WDW Half Marathon training with a 12 miler. The weather was really beautiful and I had a great pace for this run. It made me feel really strong for my next half.


The week of Christmas, I did a 4 miler with a costume test. It's always important to check your costume before race weekend so you don't have to run with an uncomfortable or falling apart costume! The costume did great and I had a nice run.


The weekend after Christmas, I was scheduled for a 14 miler but it was 74F at 5 am so I decided to run for time instead. I wanted to run for 2:30-2:45 and I ended up doing 11.7 miles. It was hot but I felt good about my effort and was ready to start taper!

December was not my greatest running month but life happens. You just have to pick up and keep moving forward. I'm really excited for all of the things I have planned for 2020!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top