Friday, January 31, 2020

Marathon Weekend 2020 Part 4: Enjoying Some Disney Magic


One of the best parts of a runDisney weekend is getting to enjoy some Disney magic. Post-marathon we always try to plan a chill day with lots of photo taking and not too much running around. We always plan a few fast passes but rest and recovery is priority #1. We ended up at the Magic Kingdom Sunday after the marathon so we had to get some castle shots with our metals. So fabulous! Bonus points if your outfit coordinates with the colors of your medals.




We love character met and greets for a post-race Disney fun. We always try to visit the theme character for each race if they are around in the parks. Mickey was our first stop. The marathon medal was a big spinner so there wasn't space on the back for a signature so Will had him sign his marathon Mickey ears! (Other runners had Mickey sign the medal ribbon).


The characters get so excited when they see your medals. I don't normally love character meet and greets but the more runDisney weekends I do, the more I enjoy them!


Goofy also does meet and greets in Magic Kingdom so we visited him. Goofy is a hilarious character to interact with! I think the characters who can be quirky are the most fun to meet. (The evil stepsisters are another favorite of mine.)


And I needed to meet Donald for my half marathon medal. My mom loved Donald as a kid and she had a huge collection of Donald stuffed animals when I was little so Donald always has a special place in my heart. And now that the WDW Half Marathon in 2019 was my first half, I love Donald things!


I adore that his signature always includes #1. Move over Mickey! I'm a bird kind of a girl!

On Monday, we headed over to Epcot. Epcot is my favorite park to just walk around and chill at. There's always so much cool stuff in the World Showcase plus the festivals are all amazing. Marathon Weekend usually falls between festivals but there's still loads to see. We joined up with some fellow Joyful Milers to hang out and enjoy the day.


We did a lot of hanging out and chatting. Our group decided to ride Frozen and we had a blast discussing our favorite Disney movies in line. Jackey had a whole list of favorites type questions and I thought that was a great idea! I never felt like I needed to be on my phone and I could just focus on hanging out with my friends. We did one character stop since Snow White happened to be out with a short line. Plus she's the perfect character for all of the Doopey challengers.

*******

Marathon Weekend 2020
Part 1: The Expo and YouTube Meet Up
Part 2: The Half Marathon
Part 3: Cheering for the Marathon
Part 4: Enjoying some Disney Magic-You are here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top