Monday, August 22, 2016

Konmari Round 2: Makeup (Project Pan 2016 Intro)

It's time to talk makeup! When I went to go Konmari my makeup collection again, I didn't find anything I just wanted to trash. Even though I was a bit bored with the things I had, I did like them all and didn't want to just trash a bunch of stuff so I could go buy new stuff.


Then I found the world of makeup panning on Youtube! Hitting pan on makeup is when you use up enough of it to see the bottom of the container or pan. Panning projects aim to hit pan on makeup or completely use something up. I thought this would be a great way to deal with those consumables that are still perfectly good but are still taking up space.

So I'm embarking on a panning project for the remainder of 2016 to use up some old makeup. I've picked the Tarte beMattnificent palette to pan as well as two Red Apple lipsticks, my Garnier BB cream and one deluxe sample of Benefit's Porefessional primer. As I finish these products, I can then replace them with new things so I'm clearing out my stash, getting to try some new fun products and keeping my makeup stash from growing too much.

This will also help me keep from shopping my using my favorite minimalist shopping technique-waiting. By waiting, I often find that I don't really want the thing I thought I needed. I may find that I have something else already that will work in it's place or that I don't need it at all. If I still want to make the purchase, I have plenty of time to do some research which will help me have the best chance of making a good purchase.

Currently, I'm looking at purchasing one of the Urban Decay Naked palettes (either the original or 3 ) and possibly one more colorful palette. I know lots of fun things will come out over the holidays so waiting until the holiday season to purchase will allow me to take those options into consideration. I'm wanting to replace the coral lipsticks with a nude and a fun colored lipstick. The BB cream will get replaced with some sort of foundation product as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top