Monday, January 20, 2020

Marathon Weekend 2020 Part 1: The Expo and YouTube Meet Up


Friday finally arrived which meant it was race weekend time! We drove into Orlando early so we could get to the expo before it opened. For this weekend, they moved bib pick up back to the HP Field House so we got in the runDisney merchandise line first. I knew from friends who had arrived earlier in the week that the expo had been crazy so far so I was expecting limited stock on many of the more popular race specific items.


And it was a good thing that I was expecting that because tons of stuff were sold out! I didn't see any race specific pins. Lots of the magnets were sold out and many of the shirts and jackets had limited sizes available. There wasn't much that caught my eye so I only ended up purchasing one thing, an Armpocket phone armband in a runDisney print. I got new iPhone around Christmas time and it didn't fit in any of my running belts or armbands so I needed a new one! The Armpocket one looked really well made so I was happy to get one. Will ended up with a Marathon Weekend Passholder mug and a 39.3 magnet.

Then we picked up bibs which was painless as usual. Since it was the 15th anniversary of the Goofy Challenge, Will got a luggage tag in the shape of the Goofy medal like we got for Wine and Dine last year. Then it was over to the Visa Athletic Center for race shirts and the vendor area. My half marathon shirt was a nice dark blue and I really liked the design. I've been pretty happy with the new runDisney brand shirts and mine fit really similarly to the ones I got Wine and Dine weekend. We didn't pick up much at the vendor area either. If you are newer to running or have never been to a big race with an expo, it's pretty cool but we mostly just wander around and stock up on free apple sauce packets for the weekend. Will got a few extra running gels just in case and I picked up a Sparkle Athletic skirt for my Princess Weekend costume. (So happy to have Princess costumes done so I can work on Star Wars costumes!)

  Later that afternoon, we headed out to the Boardwalk for the YouTuber meet up. It was so big this weekend! Marathon weekend is amazing because lots of people make this their one runDisney weekend of the year (or every couple of years). I've met so many amazing people through this meet up and I met even more this weekend! It was really nice to catch up with people and to get to meet people in person who I've gotten to know online. So great!









*******

Marathon Weekend 2020
Part 1: The Expo and YouTube Meet Up-You are here.
Part 2: The Half Marathon
Part 3: Cheering for the Marathon
Part 4: Enjoying some Disney Magic

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top