Thursday, January 10, 2019

Beach Babes

Getting to do something you love is an wonderful thing. Having someone to share it with is even better.


I've never had an easy time making friends and that's partially due to the fact that I've always liked things that were a bit odd or outside of the box. Thank goodness for the internet where I can meet other people who enjoy the same things I do. One of these wonderful people is Kate of Kate Lavender.


Kate and I have actually gotten to get together in person several times. She's just such a lovely person so I jumped at the chance to hang with her again for some vintage adventures. And because we're in Florida, we had to go to the beach!


Kate went for a 1930s beachy look with with a tan 30s style skirt, white blouse and a big sun hat. She finished her look with red lippy. Doesn't she look like she's ready to set off on an adventure?


I wore a black linen/rayon 50s style sheath dress that I made. Black might not seem like the most beach appropriate color but linen is so comfortable in the heat and I knew it would be up for the possibility of encountering some sea water. And black is also my favorite neutral so most of my closet is this dark hue.


Kate and I had a blast hanging at the beach and being photographed my my hubby Will. He put up with all of our shenanigans giggles so we could get some awesome photographs taken.


We had so much fun and I left feeling so inspired! I've already got my winter/spring sewing plans pretty well mapped out but I'm definitely going to make some beach wear this summer! Swimsuits, playsuits and beach pyjamas, oh my!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I’m so glad you got inspired! I can’t wait to coordinate looks when I move! It was such a fun day!

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top