Monday, February 11, 2019

Marathon Weekend 2019 Part 5: Park and Photo Day

For our last day of Marathon Weekend, we decided to go to Magic Kingdom to get some photos with our medals and to celebrate our accomplishments.


There are Photopass photographers all up Main Street so we grabbed a few photos there. I like to stop at a couple of the photographers to make sure I get one that turns out. And some of the photographers are more creative than others and might have better ideas for poses.


Also high on our to do list was to do some character meet and greats. We're not huge character people so that's something we often skip on our regular Disney visits, but we really enjoyed doing a few during Marathon Weekend. It's a great activity to do when you're tired from all of the races and early morning wake up calls! And it's fun to meet characters that matched your costume from the weekend or ones featured on your new bling.


I wanted to see the stepsisters again. They are one of my favorite character meet and greats because they are so silly. They posed for some pictures with me and we discussed the merits of wearing swooshy skirts. All the twirling! During the race, there's not much character interaction, just snap a photo and move on. It keeps the lines shorter but you do miss out on some of the magic of meeting characters.


Will wanted to get his medal signed by Mickey Mouse so we made sure to book a Fastpass to meet him at the front of Magic Kingdom. (But you can also meet him at the other three parks.) During Marathon Weekend, he was wearing his magician outfit which was super cute.


Mickey was very sweet and complimented my outfit. He also autographed Will's medal. It was a lot of fun meeting more characters this trip and I think I'll try to do that more often in the future!


We had planned on meeting up with some running friends for a group photo in Magic Kingdom but we were very tired and decided to head home early. I definitely learned that I have to pace myself on a race weekend. It's great to spend loads of time in the parks, having fun and showing off your medal but it is so important to listen to your body especially if you ran the full or the half. It really was such a magical experience and I can't wait to go back in two weeks for Princess Half Marathon Weekend!


*******

WDW Marathon Weekend 2019

Part 1: The Expo
Part 2: Joyful Miles Meet Up
Part 3: Half Marathon Race Recap
Part 4: Marathon Spectating
Part 5: Park and Photo Day- you are here!

2 comments:

  1. I only recently found your blog but these are great recaps! My plan is to run Goofy next year so I've been reading different blogs to find out what to expect. You have explained everything great for someone who has not run a Disney event before. I'm sure I'll be referring back to your blog closer to the time next year. And congrats on your first half!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! And congrats on deciding to run Goofy! You're going to have an amazing time. :)

      Delete

Back to Top