Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Valentine's Day 2019


For Valentine's Day, Will surprised me with a mini trip to Disney! Disney is definitely the way to this girl's heart! Will arranged for me to take a half day off of work on Thursday so that we could head over to Disney early. We stayed at the Coronado Springs resort which was really nice. It's still got quite a bit of construction going on but once you got passed the main entrance, you really couldn't tell there was much construction at all. It really was a beautiful resort.



We had dinner at the Kona Cafe in the Polynesian resort. It's a lot more low key and easier to get into than Ohana next door but it still has delicious food! I decided to eat all of the sushi that night. We got the large kona sampler platter to share and I got the dragon roll which had eel and shrimp. Eel is my absolute favorite kind of sushi! In real life, eels kind of creep me out but they sure do taste good!


I wore my brand new dress from the Cherry Tree Lane Dress Shop at Disney Springs. It's the Minnie Mouse Rock the Dots dress and it's too cute! It even has sequins on some of the dots. I love the 50s inspired silhouette and that every dress I have from them has pockets. Dresses with pockets are the best.


After dinner, we took the boat across the lagoon to Magic Kingdom. I adore Magic Kingdom and usually we don't stay after dark so it was a real treat to be in Magic Kingdom at night! The park is so gorgeous all lit up. We had to have some pictures in front of the castle.


Out of all the holidays, Disney doesn't do much for Valentine's Day but I'm ok with that. Magic Kingdom is pretty romantic as is. Add a pretty dress and your prince charming and you've got all you need for a romantic evening.


Meeting princesses was high on our list for the evening. First up was Elena of Avalor. I have to admit, I've never seen any of her movies but she is the princess for the 5k this year so it was fun to meet her anyways. I learned that her grandma is a great cook and seamstress and that she's a very animated talker. She asked if Will sang me love songs. I said no but that he makes me bacon, which is much more important.


We also met Cinderella who is such a sweet heart! This princess wanted to know if Will was my true love (yes) and if we met at a ball (actually, yes). She was impressed. I love that Cinderella is so hard working and positive. I still feel a bit awkward talking to face characters sometimes but I really enjoyed meeting these ladies.


 I really feel like I need to up my character meet and greet game this year!

We also road my favorite ride, the Jungle Cruise, which is even more fun at night. We had an awesome skipper who was very punny. The park was pretty crowded since it was President's Day weekend and local schools had off Friday and Monday but we took advantage of the firework show drawing off a lot of people to ride Haunted Mansion and Big Thunder Mountain. Considering how short of a time we spent in the park, we did a lot of things!


I want to know. Who is your favorite character to meet at Disney?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top