Monday, April 8, 2019

Hollywood & Little Black Dresses

Hollywood Studios is one of my very favorite parks to dress up at! The Art Deco theming at the front of the park is so perfect for anyone who loves a vintage look. So while the weather in Florida is reasonable, I take ever opportunity to dress glamorously in the parks.


I've been into wiggle dresses lately and I've made several so far including this beautiful black one. Black is my favorite color to wear. It goes with everything and gives me an opportunity to wear some of my more colorful accessories like this beautiful Disneyland D brooch.


I made the dress from Simplicity 3526 which is a juniors pattern from 1951. I loved the pleats at the waist and the vents on the sides of the skirt. Plus the straps are wide enough to cover my bra straps which is a win. I have found that I really enjoy a simple design with one or two interesting details. I've already used this pattern twice more so I think it's safe to say that it will be a regular in my sewing projects for this year.


Personally, I prefer to travel light in the parks. It's too much effort to lug around a huge bag all day plus you get through security a lot faster with a clutch! I'm wearing my black Vans sneakers with this outfit. We do a ton of walking when we are at Disney so comfortable shoes are a must! Even for Dapper Day I go with comfort over style.


We had a really great meet and greet with Kylo Ren. I jumped at the chance to join the First Order when he offered. I'm definitely a dark side gal! Come on, we have cookies!


 Overall, we had an absolutely amazing day enjoying all the Star Wars things! I'm so excited for Galaxy's Edge to open later this year. It's going to be so amazing!

2 comments:

  1. Love it! I discovered Vionic shoes (built in arch support) this year and went nuts, I have 3 pair of their canvas sneakers so now I can go comfy AND cute!😍 (btw this is Audrey shinyblinky!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the shoe recommendation. I'm actually in the market for a new good wear to Disney shoe. :)

      Delete

Back to Top