Friday, April 5, 2019

March Running Recap

March turned out to be another month full of running! I ran two races and finished ramping up for Star Wars Weekend. So here we go!


On March 1, I started out my running with a bang and ran a 5k. The Emerald City 5k was a great Wizard of Oz themed race. It was my very first evening race and I had a lot of fun. Even though I had just run the Princess Challenge the weekend before, I managed to PR my 5k and earn a really cute medal.



The next weekend saw another back to back long run weekend for Star Wars Weekend. I ran 4 miles on Saturday and took the opportunity to run test my Star Wars 10k costume. It went really well except that I ran into a million people while on my run dressed up in a crazy costume. Oh, well! The next day I decided to run 13.1 miles for the Star Wars Virtual Half Marathon. It was a rough, rough run and you can read all about it here.


Weekend three of March was another short 4 mile week which was great because the Tuesday before this long run, I dropped a mason jar of salsa on my big toe and banged it up pretty good. I skipped my Thursday run and it was much better by Sunday. I opted for another costume test this week and ran in my Star Wars half marathon costume.



Then came my last back to back run weekend! And I really over scheduled my social activities this weekend and it turned into a challenge weekend dry run. Friday, I hit the Orlando outlet mall and then Epcot for the evening. Saturday, I ran 5 miles and then headed out to Animal Kingdom for the day. Then it was 14 miles on Sunday plus napping. Phew, that really took it out of me! I don't recommend doing this much Disney and running in one weekend unless you are getting medals.


I didn't feel so great the Monday after my 14 miler but I thought I was just really tired, but on Tuesday, it was clear I was actually sick so I skipped my run (and work) and just walked on Thursday when I was feeling a bit better. My sinuses were still super stuffy for my long run of 4 miles that weekend, but the rest of my body felt fine so I took them very easy.

April is going to start off strong with Star Wars Rival Run Weekend but then I'll be winding down for the summer off season. I'm really looking forward to giving my body a break and getting to run just for fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top