Monday, April 15, 2019

Star Wars Rival Run 2019 Part 2: Joyful Miles Meet Up




After finishing up at the expo, we headed over to Art of Animation to check into our room. When we stayed here for Marathon Weekend, they offered us a free upgrade to a Lion King family suite so we decided to check and see if there were any upgrades available again. It never hurts to ask! They had a Cars suit available this time so we got to stay in a different part of the hotel. I'm not the hugest Cars fan and Will's never even seen them but we saw so many kids just so excited to see all of the Cars characters around the resort. Definitely a winner if your kids love these movies!


We ended up grabbing lunch at the hotel. Food is always a tricky thing to figure out for a runDisney weekend. On the one hand, if I'm running a half or challenge, it's a serious athletic event and I want to really nourish my body. On the other hand, I'm at Disney and I want to eat all the things! I had a really good breakfast and I opted for a salad for lunch so I could have some carbs at dinner.

This weekend, the meet up was held in Disney Springs down by the House of Blues. It was nice and quiet down there and I really enjoyed this location for the meet up. I ended up shopping after the meet up (Captain Marvel dress) and there are so many great places for dinner. Plus we stopped by Erin McKenna's for some gluten free dairy free donuts on the way to the meet up.


Four youtubers were hosting the meet up-Jackey of Joyful Miles, Gerald of RezRuns, Heather Jergensen and Kimberly of Belle.898. They are all really lovely people who love running and Disney. It was great to see them all again. It was the fourth meet up I've been to and it was great to catch up!


I've also made quite a few friends among the Joyful Miles Facebook group and many of them were also at the meet up. The runDisney community is awesome so please come connect with us even if you are just in the planning stage of your runDisney journey. My first meet up was at Wine and Dine 2018 and I didn't even run that weekend!


I'm a person who has always had a difficult time making friends, especially with other females. It's been absolutely amazing to be so welcomed by this community. Everyone has been so welcoming and kind.


As an introvert, I know how scary it can feel to go to a meet up when you don't know anyone. I probably wouldn't have gone to my first one if Will hadn't been there. But I'm so glad that I did! It makes me sad to think that I might never have gotten to meet all of these lovely people.


It's amazing how quickly I've connected with the Joyful Miles family! This meet up has quickly become one of the high points of my runDisney weekend. All of the youtubers are awesome, genuine people but I've also meet so many other wonderful people at these meet ups.


If you are planning your first runDisney weekend or have run at Disney before but haven't made any Disney running friends, I encourage you to connect with people on social media and come to a meet up like this. It really is better to do life together.


I had so many wonderful conversations that the meet up went by way too fast! A group of us ended up at Blaze Pizza for dinner because #carbs. Yummy! Since many of us had to get up really early for the 10k the next morning, we all headed back early to get some sleep.

******

Star Wars Rival Run Posts:

Part 1: Expo
Part 2: Joyful Miles Meet Up-you are here.
Part 3: 10k
Part 4: Half Marathon
Part 5: Rival Run Challenge
Part 6: Kessel Run Challenge

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top