Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Love is a Blessing

This month, I'm working through the How He Loves devotional kit from Illustrated Faith. It's been a really awesome journey for me so far. (I may have started it a bit early.....) I never quite know what to expect from these devotionals since they are by a different author each month.


Today's devotion was centered around Psalm 85:12: "The Lord will give what is good." Junelle talks about the restoration and love that God wants to bring to our hearts. So moving! I really wanted to capture how amazing God's love makes me feel.



Unfortunately, I'd already journaled on Psalm 85 so I had to go hunting for another verse. I decided that I wanted to say "God's love is a blessing" so I went searching for a verse that would go with that theme. I settled on James 1:17 "Every good gift and every perfect blessing is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation of shadow due to change."


 My color palette was inspired by this cute bunting that came with this devotional kit! I pulled out four colors that I had matching inks for-red, green, blue and yellow. One of the things I love about this kit is that it's encouraging me to try some new color combos. I do have a few favorite combos but it's nice to mix it up sometimes.


I also dug deep into my stamp collection to find the words I needed for this page. I love stamps with great words! Arranging the different fonts is so fun. I love typography!


The joy in this devotional really spoke to me. So often I forget what an amazing gift God's love is! You'd think that someone dying for you would be unforgettable but how often do I really consider what that sacrifice means. It's something I need to remind myself of often.


I thought the balloons would be perfect with the celebration theme along with the bunting. Party with God today! One reason I love Bible journaling is that I have a nice record of the things God is showing me right in my Bible. I'll think of this devotional every time I read this passage or flip by this page.


 I do keep a regular journal as well but I never seem to go back and read through them. This is much more my style.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top