Monday, May 6, 2019

April Running Recap

April mean that Star Wars Rival Run Weekend was finally here! Whoohoo! I signed up for the challenge and ran the 10k and the half marathon that weekend.



The 10k was a just for fun race. We stopped for loads of pictures and I definitely had a personal worst time this race.  The half marathon I ran for time and I ended up with a 10 minute PR. I ended up with so many medals from running the Rival Run Challenge and the Kessel Run Challenge. You can find detailed race recaps here:

Part 1: Expo
Part 3: 10k
Part 4: Half Marathon
Part 6: Kessel Run Challenge-coming soon!


The next week was all about recovery. I did lots of walking and an easy 2 mile jog for my long run. We spent several extra days at Disney after Star Wars weekend so I didn't do a lot of formal exercise sessions this week.


Then it was on to the beginning of summer training. My goal is to hang out in the 10k zone for my long run. This week, my phone had serious issues. Both my interval timer and my Map My Run app kept shutting off so I had to kind of guess my time and distance. I think I ended up around 7.5 miles. Either way, I did enjoy this run in some beautiful weather.


For the last weekend in April, I did some short sprints on Saturday. One of my summer goals is to include some sprints in my training plan. Then I ran 6 miles on Sunday before going to Dapper Day (recap to come). Going to Disney after your long run counts as extra runDisney training right?

After a really high milage month in March, it was nice to have most of the month to do more relaxed runs. And I've also been adding in some tougher strength workouts to focus on some other areas of my body.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top